BAM – Business Architecture Modelling
The dynamic nature of the ICT industry across the world has led to newer business models enabled by emerging technologies. It’s imperative for CSPs to take advantage of these opportunities to quickly adapt to these changing market conditions and growing customer needs. CSPs therefore need to have smarter infrastructure in place, backed by agile and robust architectures. The challenge is to bring together the different elements; the processes, products, people, technologies, and data, to deliver real value to customers and stay profitable. Companies that move into the Cloud environments will also be faced with critical questions on ‘when’ and ‘how’ these elements will be managed through an effective architecture that suits the business.
Over time, businesses will acquire different software, and those organizations that do not have a strategically thought-out architecture in place will have invested in mounting costs and resources to maintain sudden changes and new adaptations of technology that will ultimately affect company profitability and the ability to stay ahead of competition.
The Wavenet BAM Tool ©
Global Wavenet’s Business Architecture Modelling (BAM) tool assists CSPs and enterprise organizations to reduce the inherent complexities in transforming Enterprise Architectures by mapping the organization’s business processes, data models, applications and API’s to bridge the gap between business and technology to deliver value to all stakeholders including customers.
The Wavenet BAM tool, based on TMF Frameworx, supports the overall business strategy by facilitating the production of a “to-be” architecture, maintaining unified communication amongst all stakeholders and managing incremental change with robust governance. The Wavenet BAM tool exposes the hierarchical view of the current architecture, analyses the relationships between the elements to identify any missing processes, data, applications or APIs which can help produce the ideal Enterprise Architecture.
BAM supports the overall business strategy and operational models to assist CSPs in adding new business processes, technology and systems and aligning these with processes as defined by TMForum. The sophisticated tool provides an end-to-end view of a CSP’s BSS domain exposing critical information to internal business process teams and senior management for effective decision making in the digital transformation journey.
Benefits to Operators
Wavenet BAM tool allows telco operators and CSPs in the strategic management and implementation of efficient operations and in implementing process-driven technology for sharper operations and a strategic BSS focus through the following;
- – Assists CSPs to strategically map the entire BSS domain of a CSP
- – Identifies related business process-data, model-application-API’s that can build operational efficiencies
- – Connects subscriber user journeys and exposes information to better service customers
- – CSP application/vendor mapping to the Frameworx enterprise architecture model
- – Uses standardized application for ease of implementation appropriate for the organization
- – Simplifies Business processes for effective operations
- – Assist in effective decision-making during the CSP’s Digital Transformation journey
Subscriber Value Addition
BAM assist CSPs to quickly identify customer needs at early stages and through strategic decisioning, drive customer engagement, interaction and ultimately higher profitability through heightened customer satisfaction. The BAM tool will benefit the subscribers through:
- – Providing the CSP to offer simplified customer journeys
- – Enhancing customer experience through timely interactions
- – Identification of customer preferences to offer personalized services
The unique feature of Wavenet BAM tool includes the following;
- – eTOM>SID>TAM>Open API mapping which enables CSP’s to cater to business needs such as scoping, gap analysis, plan, measure, review etc.
- – The tool offers CSPs a holistic view of its architecture or the ‘as is’ mapping, along with a simple export information feature
- – BAM tool provides CSPs and Operators a hierarchical view, using processor API or the application vendor
- – Wavenet has over 16+ years’ experience in the global telecommunications industry working across four continents
- – Wavenet technology solutions are award-winning with deployments in over 20+ countries
Learn more about BAM
For more information on the BAM tool or to request a meeting please contact us here