Subscription & Content Manager
Key Benefits of Wavenet’s SCM
Wavenet Subscription and Content Manager brings you operational efficiencies to enhance return on your subscription platform investment building adaptability and scalability:
- With Wavenet SCM, CSPs can offer a wider variety of dynamic services and customised service bundling to subscribers, with the potential for DCB (Direct Carrier Billing) capability which in turn results in higher monetization opportunities.
- SCM facilitates seamless service experiences for CSP's customers by delivering choice and flexibility, enabling subscribers to opt for personalising content and services, whilst allowing CSP to deliver timely updates.
- SCM offers a wider range of use cases for that can be exploited in multiple industries.
- With SCM partner management becomes easy allowing for concentrated efficiency building and greater collaboration amongst multiple partnerships. Third-party content providers for example, such as content creators can focus on creating content, while allowing CSPs to focus on doing what they do best, such as creating. value-added services to subscribers.
- Content service providers become a part of the larger digital ecosystem that fosters collaboration, wider distribution, and taps into new markets which would otherwise have been blocked off when operating in a silo. Flexible features of SCM allows providers to execute seamless partnering, service creation, publishing, approval, charging, and subscription lifecycle management.
Features of Wavenet’s SCM
The SCM platform enables onboarding of third parties as service partners or content partners, with the ability to manage role-based privileges and user authentication to access and manage content and services handled by the SCM modules. Features and capabilities of Partner Manager;
- Single sign-on for all Wavenet services.
- Application and permission management.
- Multi-level user management.
- Role-based access control.
- User authentication.
- Manage companies and departments.
- Inbound provisioning.
- Outbound provisioning.
- LDAP integration.
- System audits and password management.
A comprehensive Product Catalog is available for both network and partner services, including capabilities for, definition of product, service lifecycle management and associated price plans. Features and capabilities of the Product Catalog;
- Managing service information.
- Export catalog Information.
- Manage product lifecycle.
- Product order channels.
- Product provisioning channels.
- Manage various bundle products.
- Single point of product configuration and management.
- Ability to query products by external systems via APIs.
- Create and manage pricing plans.
- Fallback, installation and micro-charging.
The Rule Engine of SCM manages multiple permutations of different rules for the provisioning of services. For example, network subscriptions service allowance, addressing use cases such as usage-based discounts and anomaly detection. Features and capabilities of the Rule Engine;
- General rule-based actions. E.g. service availability, charging eligibility, add and remove from blacklists, consent on third party request etc.
- Rule-based discounts. E.g, subscription bundles, usage-based discounts, promotion discounts.
- Anomaly rules for alerting on anomalies.
- Minimize fraudulent requests with real-time and offline/batch processes.
A comprehensive Subscription Manager allows CSPs to manage end-to-end subscription processes with a wide range of related actions such as subscription configurations, logics for subscriptions and notifications. Features and capabilities of the Subscription Manager;
- Standard interfaces for integrations. E.g. content repositories, consent gateways, third-party applications, loyalty systems etc.
- Manage positive/negative consent for subscriptions and renewals.
- Manage subscriptions based on lifecycle states such as grace period etc.
- Validation of conditions such as blacklists, DND and other variables for subscription process.
- APIs for multi-channel service subscription support.
- Triggering of notifications corresponding to subscription activity.
As much as subscribers enjoy the availability of services offered by a CSP, they would also expect adequate protection from any form of ambiguous service requests. Subscribers will want to provide their explicit consent to the provisioning of services and to pay for what is only agreed by them in order to safeguard their consumer rights. Wavenet SCM provides the Consent Gateway to address this requirement. Features and capabilities of Consent gateway;
- Consent can be requested via SMS, USSD, and Web*.
- Legacy channels – incorporate auto consent by generating consent IDs and attach transactions.
- Digital channels – support redirection URL and access token based on which customer can be redirected to get consent.
The Content Manager supports the management of multiple content formats such as images, text and video. It includes options for content upload, categorization, moderation, price and service setting along with reports based on the number of downloads. Features and capabilities of the Content Manager:
- Single/bulk upload by third-party service provider (S/P) content provider (C/P).
- Content categorization and metadata management for efficient classification and search e.g. content name, genre, etc.
- A content repository for Content Provider to onboard and be part of the content ecosystem.
- Content moderation, publishing and management.
- The Content Manager web GUI allows CP/SPs to upload service content.
- Content moderation functionality can be enabled where an authorized user must approve or reject content.
- Upon the content approval, the CP/SP can broadcast content to subscribers (news alert/jokes).
- The options to search/edit/modify/delete content are available (the moderation function can be enabled during content modification).
- Authentications can be implemented with CAM/Identity servers with user hierarchies.
- Provide the supporting infrastructure and platform for CPs to have own content listed and bundled with any CSP service.
- Standard interfaces for integrations.
Wavenet’s DND prevents abuse or misuse of services by third-party content providers or service providers by ensuring the subscribers have control over receiving promotional messages and activations. Features and capabilities of Do Not Disturb;
- Single/bulk upload to add/remove subscribers to/from DND database.
- SMS notification to admin group on bulk upload success/failure list with reasons.
- Logs and reports.
- REST API support.
A unified charging gateway that aggregates and processes charging requests from a multitude of service applications in the service ecosystem prior to billing by OCS/CBS. Features and capabilities of the Common Charging Gateway;
- Common interface to connect applications using REST.
- Pre or Post- paid user check (REST/MAP).
- CAMEL and Diameter real-time charging protocol support.
- CDR for charging transactions.
- Number based charging request handling and load balancing.
- Session and event-based charging support; duration, volume etc.
- Immediate Event Charging (IEC).
- Event Charging with Unit Reservation (ECUR).
- Session Charging with Unit Reservation (SCUR).
- Diameter based direct debit, credit refunding and balance check support.
- Enable/disable charging based on number or service.
A centralized reporting and analytics module for product transactional reporting, monitoring and analytics for providing valuable insights to third-party applications. Features and capabilities of Centralised Reporting;
- Standard product reports.
- Hourly action-wise Report.
- Hourly operator-wise charging request amount.
- Hourly operator-wise report.
- Hourly service provider-wise report.
- Hourly service-wise report.
- Daily/monthly subscription report.
- Real-time TPS count report.
- Real Time Subscription Report.
- Content Download Report Partner wise.
- Content download report category-wise.
- DB optimization.
- CDR search API.
- Stream process support.
- Batch process.
Soft switch, Media GW connectivity
Admin, CP/SP GUIs
For billing and charging related functions
Network Monitoring System (NMS) and Fault Management System (FMS) connectivity